Skill Barding - Difficulty

There is a special document available about each Barding-skill Discordance, Peacemaking, Provocation.
This document only referrs to the Barding Difficulties.

Es gibt jeweils spezielle Dokumente zu jedem Bardenskill Discordance, Peacemaking, Provocation.
In diesem hier verweisen wir nur auf die Barden - Schwierigkeiten.
Last Update: 26.11.2003 - thanks to Spawn & Dena
Link to the UO-Skillsite

Provocation Difficulty Provocation Schwierigkeit
How do I find out how difficult it is to impress a certain creature with my music? I asked myself this question for a long time too. I finally found the answer on the UO.Board posted from the Dev Team in form of this guide for calculation of the base difficulty of barding abilities. Since this formula is not very easy to understand we will add a few explanations and directions.
Wie finde ich eigendlich heraus wie schwer es ist, ein bestimmtes Wesen mit meiner Musik zu beeindrucken? Nun, das habe ich mich auch schon lange gefragt. Die Antwort darauf fand ich auf den UO.Boards gepostet vom Dev Team in Form dieser Anleitung zum errechnen des Grundschwierigkeitgrades beim Nutzen von Barden-Fähigkeiten. Da diese „Formel“ nicht ganz leicht nachzuvollziehen ist kommen hier einige Erklärungen und Anleitungen.
1. First you need to use Animal Lore on the creature. (Note: you need at least 100 Animal Lore to be able to examine all creatures.
1. Zuersteinmal muß Animal Lore auf ein Wesen benutzt werden. (Anmerkung: mind.110 Animal Lore ist notwendig, um jedes Wesen betrachten zu können).
2. Add Hitpoints + Stamina + Mana + All Resistances + All Skills
2. Addiere Hitpoints + Ausdauer + Mana + Alle Resistenzen + Alle Skills
3. Add further 100 points for each of the following special abilities:
- Magic User (everything that casts)
- Fire Breath (eg. Hell Hound)
- Aura or Area Damage (eg. Ice Fiend = Ice Aura, Phoenix = Fire Aura)
- Lifeforce Drain
- Summon Undead
3. Addiere weitere 100 Punkte jeweils für folgende spezial Fähigkeiten:
- Magie Nutzer (alles was zaubert)
- Feuer Atem (zB. Hell Hound)
- Aura oder Gebietsschaden (zB. Ice Fiend = Eis Aura, Phönix =Feuer Aura)
- Lifeforce Drain
- Tote Herbeirufen
4. Add further 20 points for every level poson, which the creature can cause (corresponds to 20 points for level 1 up to 100 points for level 5)
4. Addiere weitere 20 Punkte für jeden Level Gift, den ein Wesen verursachen kann. (entpricht 20 Punkte für Level 1 bis 100 Punkte für Level 5)
5. If the calculated points until now are lower then 700, then do nothing. If they are higher then 700, then substract 700, divide the result by 3 2/3 (= 3.67), and add 700 points back.
5. Wenn der bisher erhaltene Zahlenwert kleiner als 700 ist, dann bleibt er. Wenn er größer als 700 ist, dann werden davon 700 punkte subtrahiert, die erhaltene Zahl duch 3 2/3 (=3,67) geteilt und wieder 700 Punkte addiert.
6. First round the points to a full number, then divide the result by 10. This last obtained number is the base difficulty for usage of any bard skill.
To obtain the values for each of the 3 bardskills you need following:
Discordance = base difficulty minus 10
Peacemaking = base difficulty minus 10
Provocation = base difficulty minus 5
6. Zuersteinmal wird auf eine Ganze Zahl gerundet und das Ergebniss dann durch 10 dividiert. Die erhaltene Zahl ist der Grundschwierigkeitgrad beim Nutzen von Barden-Fähigkeiten.
Um jetzt die Werte für die 3 Bardenfähigkeiten zu erhalten gilt folgendes:
Discordance = Grundschwierigkeit minus 10
Peacemaking = Grundschwierigkeit minus 10
Provokation = Grundschwierigkeit minus 5
Examples Beispiele

Example: Oger

* point 2 result: 479.8 points calculated from: Hitpoints 112, Stamina 52, Resist Physical 31, Resist Fire 16, Resist Cold 23, Resist Poison 21, Resist Energy 25, Wrestling 72,2, Tactics 65.8, Magic Resistance 61.8
* point 3 and 4: + 0 points, it remains 479.8
* point 5: no change, because 479.8 < 700
* point 6: 479.8 rounded = 480 / 10 = 48 base difficulty for this oger
Discordance & Peacemaking: 48-10=38
at 38.0 skill you have a 50% chance to succeed.
Provokation: 48-5=43
at 43.0 skill you have a 50% chance to succeed.

Beispiel: Oger

* Punkt 2 Ergebnis: 479,8 Punkte errechnet aus: Hitpoints 112, Stamina 52, Resist Physical 31, Resist Fire 16, Resist Cold 23, Resist Poison 21, Resist Energy 25, Wrestling 72.2, Tactics 65.8, Magic Resistance 61.8
* Punkt 3 und 4: + 0 Punkte, es bleiben 479,8
* Punkt 5: keine Änderung, weil 479,8 < 700
* Punkt 6: 479,8 gerundet = 480 / 10 = 48 Grundschwierigkeit für diesen Oger
Discordance & Peacemaking: 48-10=38
bei 38.0 Skill hat man eine 50% Chance auf Erfolg
Provokation: 48-5=43
Bei 43.0 skill hat man eine 50% Chance auf Erfolg.

Example: Dragon

* point 2 result: 1663,7 points calculated from: Hitpoints 492, Stamina 101, Mana 465, Resist Physical 63, Resist Fire 69, Resist Cold 40, Resist Poison 27, Resist Energy 40, Wrestling 90.5, Tactics 99.9, Magic Resistance 99.7, Magery 38.4, Evaluating Intelligence 38.2
* point 3: +100 for magic user, +100 for Firebreath = 1863.7
* point 4: + 0 point, it remains 1863.7
* point 5: 1863.7 - 700 = 1163.7 / 3.67 = 317.08 + 700 = 1017.08
* point 6 result: 1017.08 rounded = 1017 / 10 = 101.7 base difficulty for this dragon
Discordance & Peacemaking: 101.7 - 10 = 91.7
at 97.7 skill you have a 50% chance to succeed.
Provokation: 101.7 - 5 = 96.7
at 96.7 skill you have a 50% chance to succeed.

Beispiel: Drache

* Punkt 2 Ergebnis: 1663,7 Punkte errechnet aus: Hitpoints 492, Stamina 101, Mana 465, Resist Physical 63, Resist Fire 69, Resist Cold 40, Resist Poison 27, Resist Energy 40, Wrestling 90.5, Tactics 99.9, Magic Resistance 99.7, Magery 38.4, Evaluating Intelligence 38.2
* Punkt 3: +100 für Magie Nutzer, +100 für Feueratem = 1863,7
* Punkt 4: + 0 Punkte, es bleiben 1863,7
* Punkt 5: 1863,7 - 700 = 1163,7 / 3,67 = 317,08 + 700 = 1017,08
* Punkt 6 Ergebnis: 1017,1 gerundet = 1017 / 10 = 101,7 Grundschwierigkeit für diesen Drachen.
Discordance & Peacemaking: 101,7 - 10 = 91,7
bei 91.7 Skill hat man eine 50% Chance auf Erfolg
Provokation: 101,7 - 5 = 96,7
Bei 96.7 Skill hat man eine 50% Chance auf Erfolg.

Difficulty Adjustments Schwierigkeit Anpassung
No creatures have always the same values in attributes, skills or resistance, so the difficulty ratings calculated from Animal Lore will fall within +/- 2% of the calculated value.
Keine Kreatur hat immer die gleichen Werte in den oben genutzten Attributen, Skills und Widerstandskräften, also weichen die aus den bei Animal Lore errechneten Werte um +/- 2 % voneinander ab.
Some creatures may be more difficult to provoke than others. This difficulty rating is based on the creature's attributes, skills, and special abilities. Below is a list of creatures and the skill needed for 50% Provocation chance.
Manche Kreaturen sind schwerer zu provozieren. Diese Schwierigkeitsstufe ist basiert auf die Attributen, den Fähigkeiten und den Spezialeigenschaften der Kreatur. Die untenliegende Tabelle gibt den notwendigen Skill an für eine Provocation - Chance von 50%.

Difficulty ratings vary per creature and will fall within +/- 2% of the values given in this table. The Difficulty rating is the skill level at which the bard has a 50% chance of success versus the creature. At this skill level -25.0, the bard has no chance of success and can't make the attempt. At this skill level +25.0, the bard is guaranteed success and cannot gain skill against this creature. Using an exceptional instrument grants the bard +10% chance of success. Using an aligned "slayer" magic effect instrument grants the bard +20% chance of success. To compute the difficulty of provoking two creatures, average their difficulty ratings.

Example: At 120.0 skill, a bard with a dragon-slaying instrument has approx. 70% chance of success to use an ability against an Ancient Wyrm, or to provoke two Ancient Wyrms to fight. At 100.0 skill, with the same instrument, the chance is approx. 30%.

Die angegebene Schwierigkeit ist also die cirka. Skill-Höhe, mit der ein Barde eine 50%ige Erfolgschance hat. Bei einem Skill -25.0 gibt es überhaupt keine Chance es zu versuchen. Bei einem Skill +25.0 hat der Barde garantierten Erfolg und kann im Skill dabei nicht steigen. Die Benutzung eines exceptional-erzeugtem Musikinstrument gibt dem Barden +10% Erfolgschance. Die Benutzung eines "Slayer" magischer Effekt Instrument gibt dem barden +20% Erfolgschance. Die Schwierigkeit der Provokation zweier Kreaturen errechnet sich aus ihrem Durchschnitt.

Beispiel: Bei 120.0 Skill wird ein Barde mit einem Drachen-Slaying Instrument etwa 70% Erfolgschance haben, gegen einen Ancient Wyrm anzukommen, oder zwei Ancient Wyrms gegeneinander zu provozieren. Mit 100.0 Skill und demselben Instrument ist seine Chance etwa bei 30%.

Difficulty Table for Provocation Schwierigkeits-Tabelle für Provocation
You can find the calculated Provocation skill needed for 50% success rate for each single creature in our >> Bestiary Table <<.
Man kann den errechneten benötigten Skill für Provocation für eine 50% Chance auf Erfolg für jede einzelne Kreatur in unserer >> Bestiary Liste << nachlesen.

 

(C) 2000,2004 by www.GateCentral.com - All rights reserved
copyright-statement

Another fine internet-product brought to you by TRIANGLE productions